Did you know that The Rotary Foundation is turning 100 in 2016-2017?
The Rotary Foundation is a very significant part of the vitality of every club as every club will participate in at least some of their programmes and most support the Rotary Foundation through donations. Therefore it make sense for every club to use the Centennial as a way for strengthening Rotary among members and in their community; this will be a significant motivational (membership) and marketing (publicity) opportunity not to be missed. Start planning to maximise this opportunity now.
The celebration of The Rotary Foundation’s 2016-17 centennial officially kicks off at this year’s convention in Korea, but you can prepare your club and district officers now using materials in the centennial promotion kit.
- Use the centennial logo on your Foundation training materials.
- Share weekly Foundation facts with participants prior to training sessions.
- Feature the Foundation in your program, emphasizing that clubs should hold Rotary Days to showcase the Foundation’s history and good work.
- Strategize ideas to promote the centennial in your community.
- Share your district’s plans for increasing Foundation giving in honour of the centennial.